🚚 The Fastest Delivery Time : Air Transport Once A Week. Drive Every Saturday.
🐝 Supplier / Place Of Origin：Lyfegreen / Taiwan
🔖 Certification： Taiwan Organic Certification
🌱 Producer Introduction：
Lyfetribe builds a health and wellness platform, Lyfegreen was founded as a joint collaboration between Lyfetribe and Fushan Grange, taiwan’s leading social enterprise for organic agriculture and sustainable producers.
Today, Lyfegreen supports and works with a network of more than 100 carefully curated organic farms and sustainable producers across taiwan, showcasing an array of over 200 varieties of fruits and veggies throughout the year.
Our mission: fresh, high-quality and diversified are the core of our work. In addition, we don't want to only sell fruits and vegetables. We want to help you discover a new healthy food concept and contribute to a more sustainable world.
There are also airline shipping every week to hong kong and ship directly after arriving at hong kong, so the fruits and vegetables are 100%fresh.
🌱 Supplier Products：
🛍 Product Information (Main) (English)：
Other Names：Chinese Mustard
Product Description：Rich in glucosinolates, which have the potential to prevent cancer and neurodegeneration.
Glucosinolates are also known as glucosinolates. From young leaves to mature mustard, the concentration of total glucosinolates will gradually increase, which helps plants defend against pests and diseases. This is also the source of the unique bitter and spicy flavor of mustard. Found in multiple animal studies, it may help kill cancer cells or stop them from spreading, but more clinical research is needed. In addition, studies have found that the organic compounds "isothiocyanates (ITCs)" produced by the decomposition of glucosinolates have neuroprotective effects and have the potential to be developed as alternative drugs for the prevention or treatment of neurodegenerative diseases.
Chinese Mustard are often dried in the Hakka area and processed into well-known Hakka names. Vegetables, Hakka sauerkraut, dried plums, etc., are widely used.
Supply Season：The main production period is from November to April of the following year, and it is available in Hong Kong throughout the year.
#Should Be / Avoided：
Cooking Skills：In terms of cooking, because the glucosinolates are easy to lose after a long heating time, it is recommended to shorten the cooking time as much as possible. Moreover, steaming and microwave cooking are better cooking methods to maintain the glucosinolate content, but if boiled, about 90% of the glucosinolate will be lost in the water, reducing the nutritional value.
As for how to remove the bitterness, I suggest 2 steps to ensure that mustard greens are delicious and not bitter:
be sure to boil it first, rinse it with water, and squeeze out the water before cooking.
Cook with broth or high-protein ingredients. For example: scallop mustard greens (in stock), mustard greens patty (in pork mince), chicken soup with mustard greens (in chicken broth).
Dish：Three Fresh Meat Patties and Mustard Greens Casserole
Suggested Eating Method：
In terms of cooking, because the heating time is long for a long time, the mustard oil is easy to lose. Therefore, it is recommended to shorten the cooking time as much as possible. In addition, cooking and microwaves are cooking methods that maintain better mustard oil content. However, if it is boiled, about 90 % of the mustard oil is lost in the water to reduce nutritional value.
As for how to remove bitterness, it is recommended to 2 steps to ensure that the delicious and not bitter mustard is cooked:
Be sure to burn it first, drift with water, and squeeze the water before cooking.
Cook with soup or high -protein ingredients. For example: scallops and mustard (soup), mustard meat cakes (pork grinder), mustard chicken soup (chicken soup).
🥗 Recipe (English Version)：
Google Recipe 🔍 :
English CookPad 🍳 :
BBC Good Food 🥙 :
🔅Precautions (English Version)：
☘️ Preserve vegetables
1. Leafy vegetables and softer vegetables, if packaged, should be placed in the cold box in the original package;
2. Organic Vegetables are more prone to spoilage if they have water droplets. Put the vegetables in a ventilated place to dry or wipe off the water vapor, then wrap the vegetables in slightly damp newspaper and put them in a plastic bag before refrigerating. ;
3. Organic vegetables do not use preservatives or special treatments. Vegetables are generally stored for three to five days. Some vegetables will decompose enzymes, so they should be eaten as soon as possible.
☘️ How to wash vegetables
1. Wash vegetables before cooking to keep them fresh;
2. It is not advisable to soak the vegetables for too long, and they should be washed first and then cut to avoid the loss of vitamins;
3. Washing vegetables with dilute salt water or Dish Drop can easily remove vegetable insects;
4. Cut vegetables with a stainless steel knife to reduce vitamin loss;
5. Vegetable leaves contain a lot of nutrients, so you should avoid shredding, chopping or grinding the leaves;
6. Immediately after cutting, to avoid the loss of vitamins due to air oxidation.