🚚 The Fastest Delivery Time : Air Transport Once A Week. Drive Every Saturday.
🐝 Supplier / Place Of Origin：Lyfegreen / Taiwan
🔖 Certification： Taiwan Organic Certification
🌱 Producer Introduction：
Lyfetribe builds a health and wellness platform, Lyfegreen was founded as a joint collaboration between Lyfetribe and Fushan Grange, taiwan’s leading social enterprise for organic agriculture and sustainable producers.
Today, Lyfegreen supports and works with a network of more than 100 carefully curated organic farms and sustainable producers across taiwan, showcasing an array of over 200 varieties of fruits and veggies throughout the year.
Our mission: fresh, high-quality and diversified are the core of our work. In addition, we don't want to only sell fruits and vegetables. We want to help you discover a new healthy food concept and contribute to a more sustainable world.
There are also airline shipping every week to hong kong and ship directly after arriving at hong kong, so the fruits and vegetables are 100%fresh.
🌱 Supplier Products：
🛍 Product Information (Main) (English)：
Binomial Name：Brassica pekinensis (Lour.) Rupr.
Chinese Name：黃芽白 | 旺菜
Other Names：Chinese Cabbage
Product Description：Sweet, slightly cold in nature. It has the effect of clearing the stomach, digestion, and diuresis. Chinese cabbage is rich in nutrients. Its calcium and phosphorus components can help strengthen teeth and bones, promote and coordinate the operation of the nervous and muscular system; and it contains low calorie value and moderate fiber content, which can provide satiety Besides, eating more will not take in excess energy. In addition, Chinese cabbage contains a variety of plant components, including: sulforaphane (Sulforaphane), indole (Indoles), isothiocyanate (Isothiocyanate), etc., its high antioxidant capacity, help inhibit early cancer cell lesions, Effectively fight and prevent tumor diseases.
Originated in China, it is one of the specialty vegetables in China. The "song" that Ji Han in the Jin Dynasty called in "The Shape of Southern Plants and Trees" is this species. It is cultivated all over the country.
Variety：Chinese cabbage is made of multiple leaves tightly wrapped together to form a cylinder. Because the wrapped leaves are not exposed to sunlight, the color is lighter or even pale yellow. It is generally divided into two types: cylindrical Shao Cai and short round Baotou Chinese cabbage. The common straight cylindrical vegetable is called "Yellow Bud White", which is an ecological variety of this species; another cultivar with a small plant is called "Baby Cai".
Supply Season：The main production period is from November to February of the next year, and it is available in Hong Kong throughout the year.
Storage Method：Wrap it with toilet paper and put it in a ventilated and dark place, it can be stored for about 1 week; it can also be stored in the refrigerator. The shelf life is shorter in summer, about a few days, and generally about 15 days in winter.
#Should Be / Avoided：
Appropriate: It is suitable for people with difficulty in defecation, internal heat cough, vitamin deficiency, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, chickenpox, whooping cough.
Contraindications: People with too cold constitution, weak spleen and stomach, and prone to diarrhea should eat less. In addition, those with intestinal, stomach or heart and lung deficiency should not eat or eat with caution.
Pregnant women can eat yellow bud white
Five Flavors in TCM: Bitter, Pungent, Sweet
Efficacy Antipyretic and restorative, clearing the stomach, nourishing the stomach and promoting body fluid, relieving restlessness and quenching thirst, diuresis and laxative, clearing away heat and detoxification
Huangyabai is rich in vitamin C and vitamin E. Regular consumption of cabbage can enhance the skin's ability to resist damage, and can play a very good role in skin care and beauty. Vitamin C in Chinese cabbage also has a certain therapeutic effect on gastric and duodenal ulcers.
The cellulose in Huangyabai can not only moisten the intestines, promote detoxification, help digestion, prevent indigestion in pregnant women, prevent pregnant women from suffering from intestinal diseases, and have a good effect on preventing intestinal cancer. Huang Yabai can also promote the body's absorption of animal protein and prevent senile arteriosclerosis and cardiovascular diseases. In addition, Huang Yabai also has the effect of preventing breast cancer, and can also prevent arteriosclerosis and cardiovascular diseases.
1. Cabbage and tomato: Both Chinese cabbage and tomato are rich in vitamin C and potassium, and eating together can help prevent colds, relax muscles, and relieve emotions.
2. Cabbage and cheese: Both Chinese cabbage and cheese contain calcium and phosphorus and should be paired in moderation. For example, maintaining a high calcium-to-phosphorus ratio helps to form calcium phosphate, which strengthens teeth and bones, and helps prevent osteoporosis and muscle cramps.
3. Cabbage and lean meat: The vitamin C in Chinese cabbage combines with the protein in lean meat, which helps the synthesis of collagen and enhances the elasticity of the skin.
1. Cabbage and cucumber: Cucumber contains vitamin C decomposing enzyme components, which will decompose the vitamin C contained in Chinese cabbage, resulting in nutrient loss.
2. Cabbage and pork liver: Pork liver contains copper, which will oxidize the vitamin C contained in oxidized Chinese cabbage, and then reduce the intake of vitamin C.
3. Cabbage, shrimp, squid, etc.: Since these foods are cold in nature, they are likely to cause diarrhea, allergies, asthma, cold hands and feet, etc., so they should be eaten less.
4. Cabbage and licorice: Cabbage is cold in nature and sweet in taste, while licorice is flat in nature and slightly warm in nature. The functions of the two are just opposite. Eating them at the same time can easily cause physical discomfort.
5. Eating Chinese cabbage and Atractylodes atractylodes at the same time will make the medicinal properties of Atractylodes atractylodes overpowering and harmful to the body.
Cooking Skills：Edible parts are tender stems and leaves. When chinese cabbage grows, the outer leaves are the first to grow, and the inner heart leaves grow out slowly later. Therefore, the outermost leaves have a greater chance of contacting pesticides. Therefore, the outer leaves must be removed, and the leaves are split into individual pieces and soaked. After about 45 minutes in water, rinse with running water. If you add a little vinegar or other acidic substances to cooking, it can keep its white color.
Notes：If it is marinated with sea salt, pepper and garlic are added to make "kimchi", which is an extremely popular food in Japan, South Korea, and northern China.
Rotten cabbage contains toxins such as nitrite, and these nitrites finally combine with secondary amines in the gastrointestinal tract to synthesize nitrosamine carcinogens. In fact, as long as the human body absorbs a large amount of nitrite, poisoning will occur, and the patient will have degenerative hemoglobinosis, black mouth disease, gastroenteritis, dyspnea, unconsciousness and other symptoms, which are fatal; If left overnight after frying, the nitrite content will also increase sharply, so it is not suitable for consumption, so as not to cause nitrite poisoning.
Dish：Stir-fried Chinese cabbage with bacon, grilled Chinese cabbage with minced legs, and soaked Chinese cabbage.
Suggested Eating Method：
Before cooking, water is scalded (half cooked). The water used in Sichuan can add a little oil to make the color of the vegetables more beautiful. Hot pot, hot oil, and savory, add hot cabbage for about 20 to 30 seconds. Avoid the old lady who cooks the dishes (the color usually becomes yellow and shrinks), and the bitter taste will become obvious.
🥗 Recipe (English Version)：
Google Recipe 🔍 :
English CookPad 🍳 :
BBC Good Food 🥙 :
🔅Precautions (English Version)：
☘️ Preserve vegetables
1. Leafy vegetables and softer vegetables, if packaged, should be placed in the cold box in the original package;
2. Organic Vegetables are more prone to spoilage if they have water droplets. Put the vegetables in a ventilated place to dry or wipe off the water vapor, then wrap the vegetables in slightly damp newspaper and put them in a plastic bag before refrigerating. ;
3. Organic vegetables do not use preservatives or special treatments. Vegetables are generally stored for three to five days. Some vegetables will decompose enzymes, so they should be eaten as soon as possible.
☘️ How to wash vegetables
1. Wash vegetables before cooking to keep them fresh;
2. It is not advisable to soak the vegetables for too long, and they should be washed first and then cut to avoid the loss of vitamins;
3. Washing vegetables with dilute salt water or Dish Drop can easily remove vegetable insects;
4. Cut vegetables with a stainless steel knife to reduce vitamin loss;
5. Vegetable leaves contain a lot of nutrients, so you should avoid shredding, chopping or grinding the leaves;
6. Immediately after cutting, to avoid the loss of vitamins due to air oxidation.