Zen Organic Farm
🚚 The Fastest Delivery Time : Every Tuesday.
🐝 Supplier / Place Of Origin：Zen Organic Farm / Fanling
🔖 Certification： Hong Kong Organic Resource Center Organic Certification Number C09001
🌱 Producer Introduction：
Hong Kong has large and small organic farms that use hundreds of expenses. It is one of the large -scale. It covers an area of 200,000 feet. It was formerly a animal pasture. It has the largest greenhouse in Hong Kong. Essence
We are missionary to plant healthy and delicious organic fruits and vegetables, and constantly discover and introduce overseas vegetables suitable for farming in Hong Kong, such as European tomatoes to supply more diverse local crops, and bring more friends who support organic low -carbon life. s Choice. It is very pleased that our efforts have been recognized in this area. The farm customers include internationally renowned Hong Kong hotels, Michelian restaurants and chefs and organic food stores.
🌱 Supplier Products：
🛍 Product Information (Main) (English)：
Other Names：Sweet Corn | Sweetcorn
Product Description：It is an important food crop with the highest total output in the world; corn can also be used as feed, and it is also used as a raw material for ethanol fuel in the biotechnology industry. Eating more corn can prevent degenerative macular degeneration in old age and help protect the eyes from UV and blue light damage. In addition, corn contains a lot of potassium, which helps stabilize blood pressure and body water balance. The vitamins, carotene, and plant cellulose contained in corn also help to expel carcinogens and other toxins, delay aging, lower serum cholesterol, and prevent skin lesions.
Maize and cornmeal (ground dried maize) constitute a staple food in many regions of the world. Maize is used to produce cornstarch, a common ingredient in home cooking and many industrialized food products. Maize starch can be hydrolyzed and enzymatically treated to produce syrups, particularly high fructose corn syrup, a sweetener; and also fermented and distilled to produce grain alcohol. Grain alcohol from maize is traditionally the source of Bourbon whiskey. Corn flour is used to make cornbread and other baked products.
Within the United States, the usage of maize for human consumption constitutes only around 1/40th of the amount grown in the country. In the United States and Canada, maize is mostly grown to feed livestock, as forage, silage (made by fermentation of chopped green cornstalks), or grain. Maize meal is also a significant ingredient of some commercial animal food products.
Supply Season：The main production period is from November to April of the following year, and Hong Kong is available throughout the year.
#Should Be / Avoided：
Cooking Skills：There are many varieties of edible corn, and those with high sugar content are widely grown. They can be eaten fresh, boiled, fried, and canned corn.
Notes：Corn is rich in fiber, which may be fermented in the intestines and produce a lot of gas. Excessive consumption can easily burden the stomach and even hinder the absorption of protein. People with sensitive stomachs or weak digestive systems must pay attention to their corn intake.
Dish：Corn rice, corn porridge, etc.
Supply Period： The Main Production Period Is From November To April Of The Following Year, And Hong Kong Is Available Throughout The Year.
Suggested Eating Method：
There are many varieties of corn, and those with high sugar content are widely planted. It can be fresh, cook, stir -fried, and make canned corn grains.
🥗 Recipe (English Version)：
Google Recipe 🔍 :
English CookPad 🍳 :
BBC Good Food 🥙 :
🔅Precautions (English Version)：
☘️ Preserve vegetables
1. Leafy vegetables and softer vegetables, if packaged, should be placed in the cold box in the original package;
2. Organic Vegetables are more prone to spoilage if they have water droplets. Put the vegetables in a ventilated place to dry or wipe off the water vapor, then wrap the vegetables in slightly damp newspaper and put them in a plastic bag before refrigerating. ;
3. Organic vegetables do not use preservatives or special treatments. Vegetables are generally stored for three to five days. Some vegetables will decompose enzymes, so they should be eaten as soon as possible.
☘️ How to wash vegetables
1. Wash vegetables before cooking to keep them fresh;
2. It is not advisable to soak the vegetables for too long, and they should be washed first and then cut to avoid the loss of vitamins;
3. Washing vegetables with dilute salt water or Dish Drop can easily remove vegetable insects;
4. Cut vegetables with a stainless steel knife to reduce vitamin loss;
5. Vegetable leaves contain a lot of nutrients, so you should avoid shredding, chopping or grinding the leaves;
6. Immediately after cutting, to avoid the loss of vitamins due to air oxidation.