🚚 The Fastest Delivery Time : Air Transport Once A Week. Drive Every Saturday.
🐝 Supplier / Place Of Origin：Lyfegreen / Taiwan
🔖 Certification： Taiwan Organic Certification
🌱 Producer Introduction：
Lyfetribe builds a health and wellness platform, Lyfegreen was founded as a joint collaboration between Lyfetribe and Fushan Grange, taiwan’s leading social enterprise for organic agriculture and sustainable producers.
Today, Lyfegreen supports and works with a network of more than 100 carefully curated organic farms and sustainable producers across taiwan, showcasing an array of over 200 varieties of fruits and veggies throughout the year.
Our mission: fresh, high-quality and diversified are the core of our work. In addition, we don't want to only sell fruits and vegetables. We want to help you discover a new healthy food concept and contribute to a more sustainable world.
There are also airline shipping every week to hong kong and ship directly after arriving at hong kong, so the fruits and vegetables are 100%fresh.
🌱 Supplier Products：
🛍 Product Information (Main) (English)：
Binomial Name：Alpinia galanga (L.) Stuntz
Product Description：Perennial herb. Likes warm, humid and sunny environments. Most of the edible parts are the roots, and the ginger meat has a spicy and sweet flavor, similar to cinnamon, but with a spicy taste. The roots are brown-red, cylindrical, growing horizontally. Pungent in taste, hot in nature, it returns to the spleen and stomach meridians, and has the functions of warming the middle and dispelling cold, regulating qi and relieving pain. Galangal is rich in virginia and minerals, and the rhizomes contain volatile oils whose compounds are antibacterial, anticoagulant and inhibit the growth of cancer cells.
Native to China and Indonesia. Now the main producing areas are Guangdong, Guangxi, Hainan, Taiwan, and it is widely cultivated in Southeast Asia.
Variety：Classification by root size: (1) Great Southern Ginger (originating in Indonesia, mostly used for medicinal purposes) (2) Small Southern Ginger (originating in China, more spicy, often used as a seasoning)
Supply Season：The harvest period is late summer and early autumn. The age of the rhizome is as long as four to six years, which is the top grade.
Storage Method：Unused galangal can be stored for several days as long as it is placed in a cool and ventilated place. The cut galangal should be wrapped in plastic wrap and stored in the refrigerator.
#Should Be / Avoided：
Appropriate: Those with abdominal pain and coldness. Taboo: Those with real fire or fever are forbidden to take.
Affordable: together with Pinellia and Ginger, it has the effect of warming and dispelling cold pathogens, and stomach and relieving vomiting. With Codonopsis, Poria and Atractylodes, it can be used to treat asthenia cold and vomiting. Xiang Ke: No literature report.
Cooking Skills：Galangal is more commonly used medicinally and can be used for decoction or stir-fry. After washing, peel off the skin and cut into slices to add. Since galangal has a stronger pungent taste than fresh ginger, galangal is generally used when making seasoning sauces. Galangal is minced and used when making curry paste and sacha paste.
Notes：The shape of galangal is similar to that of ginger. The skin of galangal is whiter, and the buds are reddish, while the skin of ginger is yellowish brown. Galangal known as Alpinia galanga (L.)
Stuntz, is not the same species as Alpinia officinarum Hance, the true Chinese medicine galangal. In addition, cardamom refers to the fruit of galangal.
Dish：Thai Tom Yum Soup, Curry Sauce, Sand Tea Sauce.
Suggested Eating Method：
Nan Jiang is often used for medicinal medicine, which can be used for decoction or stir -fry. After cleaning, cut off the skin and cut it into a piece. Because the southern ginger is stronger than the ginger, Nan ginger is generally used when making seasoning sauce. When making curry sauce and sand tea sauce, the south ginger will be chopped.
🥗 Recipe (English Version)：
Google Recipe 🔍 :
English CookPad 🍳 :
BBC Good Food 🥙 :
🔅Precautions (English Version)：
☘️ Preserve vegetables
1. Leafy vegetables and softer vegetables, if packaged, should be placed in the cold box in the original package;
2. Organic Vegetables are more prone to spoilage if they have water droplets. Put the vegetables in a ventilated place to dry or wipe off the water vapor, then wrap the vegetables in slightly damp newspaper and put them in a plastic bag before refrigerating. ;
3. Organic vegetables do not use preservatives or special treatments. Vegetables are generally stored for three to five days. Some vegetables will decompose enzymes, so they should be eaten as soon as possible.
☘️ How to wash vegetables
1. Wash vegetables before cooking to keep them fresh;
2. It is not advisable to soak the vegetables for too long, and they should be washed first and then cut to avoid the loss of vitamins;
3. Washing vegetables with dilute salt water or Dish Drop can easily remove vegetable insects;
4. Cut vegetables with a stainless steel knife to reduce vitamin loss;
5. Vegetable leaves contain a lot of nutrients, so you should avoid shredding, chopping or grinding the leaves;
6. Immediately after cutting, to avoid the loss of vitamins due to air oxidation.