Yunnan Organic Certified Vegetables
🚚 The Fastest Delivery Time : On Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, arrived.
🐝 Supplier / Place Of Origin：Yunnan Organic Certified Vegetables / Yunnan
🔖 Certification： Organic certification by China and Canada
🌱 Producer Introduction：
Yunnan Kunming Organic Vegetable Farm is located in Dianyuan Wind Valley Reserve, Panlong District, Kunming City, Yunnan, where the soil is fertile and the water source is clean; the requirements for environmental governance in the area are strict. Taking into account both the ecological environment and economic development, the farm strictly abides by organic standards, and there is no agricultural pollution. The organic vegetables grown in the protected area are particularly sweet and delicious.
The unique climate of Yunnan
Yunnan has a good climate and abundant sunshine, with an average temperature of 14.9°C, a maximum temperature of 31.5°C, and a minimum temperature of -7.8°C; the rainy season is mainly concentrated in May to September; the relative humidity is 76%. The plateau in Panlong District is about 1891m above sea level, and gradually decreases from north to south in a ladder shape. The altitude is between 1500m and 2800m, which is most suitable for planting diversified vegetables.
get two-factor authentication
Because the certification standards in China and Hong Kong are different and uneven. In view of this, hoping to gain the recognition and trust of consumers, organic vegetables in Kunming, Yunnan have obtained dual certification: domestic organic certification and Canadian organic certification.
In 2016, the Consumer Council conducted a random inspection of pesticide residues, all of which were zero; for many years, there were no pesticide residues after random inspections by our customers.
🌱 Supplier Products：
🛍 Product Information (Main) (English)：
Binomial Name：Cichorium intybus
Chinese Name：紅菊苣 | 菊苣
Product Description：The whole plant is edible when cooked.
Raw chicory leaves are 92% water, 5% carbohydrates, 2% protein, and contain negligible fat (table). In a reference amount of 100 grams (3.5 ounces), raw chicory leaves provide 23 calories (96 joules) and significant amounts (more than 20 percent of the daily value) of vitamin K, vitamin A, vitamin C, some B vitamins and Manganese. Moderate levels of vitamin E and calcium. Raw chicory is 94% water and low in nutrients.
The roasted and ground root widely used as a coffee substitute originated in the Mediterranean, but is now also popular around the world, especially in the New Orleans area of the southern United States, India and Southeast Asia.
From ancient times to the present, especially in Germany, many books refer to the flowers of chicory as a medicine for treating general diseases. From health care to stimulating food intake, it has related applications in the treatment of gallstones, gastroenteritis, sinus diseases and removal of ecchymosis. (Howard M. 1987)
Supply Season：The main production period is from November to April of the following year, and Hong Kong is available throughout the year.
#Should Be / Avoided：
Cooking Skills：The whole plant is edible. It is also the main ingredient in making red eye gravy.
Chicory root contains essential oils similar to those found in related chicory plants.  In alternative medicine, chicory has been listed as one of 38 plants used in the preparation of Bach's anthers.
Supply Period： The Main Production Period Is From November To April Of The Following Year, And Hong Kong Is Available Throughout The Year.
Suggested Eating Method：
The entire plant is edible. It is also the main material for making red -eyed gravy.
🥗 Recipe (English Version)：
Google Recipe 🔍 :
English CookPad 🍳 :
BBC Good Food 🥙 :
🔅Precautions (English Version)：
☘️ Preserve vegetables
1. Leafy vegetables and softer vegetables, if packaged, should be placed in the cold box in the original package;
2. Organic Vegetables are more prone to spoilage if they have water droplets. Put the vegetables in a ventilated place to dry or wipe off the water vapor, then wrap the vegetables in slightly damp newspaper and put them in a plastic bag before refrigerating. ;
3. Organic vegetables do not use preservatives or special treatments. Vegetables are generally stored for three to five days. Some vegetables will decompose enzymes, so they should be eaten as soon as possible.
☘️ How to wash vegetables
1. Wash vegetables before cooking to keep them fresh;
2. It is not advisable to soak the vegetables for too long, and they should be washed first and then cut to avoid the loss of vitamins;
3. Washing vegetables with dilute salt water or Dish Drop can easily remove vegetable insects;
4. Cut vegetables with a stainless steel knife to reduce vitamin loss;
5. Vegetable leaves contain a lot of nutrients, so you should avoid shredding, chopping or grinding the leaves;
6. Immediately after cutting, to avoid the loss of vitamins due to air oxidation.