🚚 The Fastest Delivery Time : 2-day delivery.
🐝 Supplier / Place Of Origin：Farm 28 / Kam Tin
🔖 Authentication： HKORC Certificate No. : C14014
🌱 Manufacturer Introduction：
Covering an area of 100,000 square feet, it is located in Fung Kat Heung, Kam Tin, Yuen Long. With the aim of growing healthy crops, the public can enjoy high-quality and safe food at a low price, and hope that when purchasing locally grown fruits, the public can understand the importance of reducing carbon emissions on the environment, so as to achieve the goal of human beings and the greater world. Natural complementarity and harmonious coexistence. And in the future, we will grow more different healthy fruits and vegetables to provide customers with choices.
🌱 Supplier Products：
🛍 Product Information：
Other Names：Okinawa Bitter Gourd
Product Description：There are two types of bitter gourd: white bitter gourd and green bitter gourd. Bitter and sweet bitter gourd is often used to make soup, stir fry, eat raw or pickled, and can also be used as fruit juice or bitter gourd wine. Generally, ribs and small dried fish are often used as ingredients in bitter gourd soup, and pickled yam melon can also be added to make the soup more delicious. Has a luscious umami taste.
Especially in spring and summer, the yield increases greatly, and the bitter melon glucoside, which is the source of its bitter taste, has the function of stimulating the stomach and increasing appetite. Vitamin C, which is not easily destroyed after heating and conditioning, is four times that of lemons.
Supply Season：The supply season is from June to August each year.
#Should Be / Avoided：
Cooking Skills：(1) Just use an iron spoon to scrape off the bitter melon seeds and sacs, and remember to scrape off even the white film. (2) Pickle the bitter gourd with salt. After salting, you will see the "bitter water" sucked out by the salt. Just pour out the bitter water and rinse it with clean water, and the bitterness will be reduced by a few points. I once watched a show by Taiwanese famous chef A Jishi. He would put salt and bitter gourd into a dense bag and shake it thoroughly. This is another way.
🥗 Product Category (English)： Okinawa Bitter Gourd
Google Recipe 🔍 :
English CookPad 🍳 :
BBC Good Food 🥙 :
☘️ Preserve vegetables
1. Leafy vegetables and softer vegetables, if packaged, should be placed in the cold box in the original package;
2. Organic Vegetables are more prone to spoilage if they have water droplets. Put the vegetables in a ventilated place to dry or wipe off the water vapor, then wrap the vegetables in slightly damp newspaper and put them in a plastic bag before refrigerating. ;
3. Organic vegetables do not use preservatives or special treatments. Vegetables are generally stored for three to five days. Some vegetables will decompose enzymes, so they should be eaten as soon as possible.
☘️ How to wash vegetables
Special attention: The dishes, especially small flowers and broccoli, are best soaked in the water to remove residual pesticides (this is organic farm, but will have, but not chemical, except to Re-generative Farm). It is recommended to use our vegetables and vegetables environmentally friendly cleaner Dish Drops
for 3 to 5 minutes to eliminate residuals, sand and dust.
1. Wash vegetables before cooking to keep them fresh;
2. It is not advisable to soak the vegetables for too long, and they should be washed first and then cut to avoid the loss of vitamins;
3. Washing vegetables with dilute salt water or Dish Drop can easily remove vegetable insects;
4. Cut vegetables with a stainless steel knife to reduce vitamin loss;
5. Vegetable leaves contain a lot of nutrients, so you should avoid shredding, chopping or grinding the leaves;
6. Immediately after cutting, to avoid the loss of vitamins due to air oxidation.