Zen Organic Farm
🚚 The Fastest Delivery Time : Every Tuesday.
🐝 Supplier / Place Of Origin：Zen Organic Farm / Fanling
🔖 Certification： Hong Kong Organic Resource Center Organic Certification Number C09001
🌱 Producer Introduction：
Hong Kong has large and small organic farms that use hundreds of expenses. It is one of the large -scale. It covers an area of 200,000 feet. It was formerly a animal pasture. It has the largest greenhouse in Hong Kong. Essence
We are missionary to plant healthy and delicious organic fruits and vegetables, and constantly discover and introduce overseas vegetables suitable for farming in Hong Kong, such as European tomatoes to supply more diverse local crops, and bring more friends who support organic low -carbon life. s Choice. It is very pleased that our efforts have been recognized in this area. The farm customers include internationally renowned Hong Kong hotels, Michelian restaurants and chefs and organic food stores.
🌱 Supplier Products：
🛍 Product Information (Main) (English)：
Fresh fuzzy melon has a clear layer of fine hair on its skin, that is why it is also named hairy melon.
Unlike other types of melon, seeds of them do not need to be scooped out (unless you prepare to stuff the melon) . The central pith with seeds are sweet and crunchy particularly when the melon is young.
Binomial Name：Benincasa hispida (Thunb.) Cogn. var. chieh-qua How.
Other Names：Hairy Gourd
Product Description：The taste is sweet and light, and the nature is flat. It has the functions of clearing away heat, promoting body fluid and expelling summer heat, strengthening the spleen, and benefiting the large intestine. Zucchini contains carbohydrates, protein, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin C, choline, minerals such as phosphorus, calcium, iron and dietary fiber.
Zucchini is a variety of wax gourd, mainly distributed in Guangzhou and Nanhai in Guangdong Province, and also cultivated in Guangxi and Taiwan. It is also cultivated in places where overseas Chinese live in the Americas.
Variety：Also a cultivar of winter gourd, zucchini is densely bristly and 15 to 25 cm long.
Supply Season：The main production period is from May to October of the following year.
Storage Method：Store in a cool and ventilated place for 1 to 2 weeks.
Once heard that fuzzy melon is rarely found outside the Asian markets. If you do get it, try to consume it fresh and avoid storing it. The longer it is stored, the more its pleasant flavour will be lost.
#Should Be / Avoided：
Appropriate: Traditional Chinese medicine believes that eating melons is more "righteous". It is suitable for people with edema, athlete's foot, phlegm and asthma, and heat and heat.
Taboo: The nature and taste of gourd is peaceful, and there is nothing to avoid.
Appropriate: No literature report. Taboo: No literature report.
Cooking Skills：The edible part is the fruit. Before cooking, rub off the skin of the fuzzy melon with a small knive lengthway, its hairy skin is too thin to be removed by a peeler. Then cut it into slices or cubes. Because of its mild flavour, the melon is usually stir fried with meat, shrimps, ginger and shallots.
Notes：The zucchini, also known as hairy melon, is covered with fluff on its surface. Currently, the improved varieties are sold on the market with reduced and shorter fluff.
Dish：Dried scallops with preserved melons and vermicelli with scallops.
Supply Period： The Main Production Period Is From May To October Of The Following Year.
Suggested Eating Method：
The edible part is fruit.
🥗 Recipe (English Version)：
Fuzzy Melon in Dried Shrimp and Bean Threads
Google Recipe 🔍 :
English CookPad 🍳 :
BBC Good Food 🥙 :
🔅Precautions (English Version)：
☘️ Preserve vegetables
1. Leafy vegetables and softer vegetables, if packaged, should be placed in the cold box in the original package;
2. Organic Vegetables are more prone to spoilage if they have water droplets. Put the vegetables in a ventilated place to dry or wipe off the water vapor, then wrap the vegetables in slightly damp newspaper and put them in a plastic bag before refrigerating. ;
3. Organic vegetables do not use preservatives or special treatments. Vegetables are generally stored for three to five days. Some vegetables will decompose enzymes, so they should be eaten as soon as possible.
☘️ How to wash vegetables
1. Wash vegetables before cooking to keep them fresh;
2. It is not advisable to soak the vegetables for too long, and they should be washed first and then cut to avoid the loss of vitamins;
3. Washing vegetables with dilute salt water or Dish Drop can easily remove vegetable insects;
4. Cut vegetables with a stainless steel knife to reduce vitamin loss;
5. Vegetable leaves contain a lot of nutrients, so you should avoid shredding, chopping or grinding the leaves;
6. Immediately after cutting, to avoid the loss of vitamins due to air oxidation.