🚚 The Fastest Delivery Time : 2-day delivery.
🐝 Supplier / Place Of Origin：Farm 28 / Kam Tin
🔖 Authentication： HKORC Certificate No. : C14014
🌱 Manufacturer Introduction：
Covering an area of 100,000 square feet, it is located in Fung Kat Heung, Kam Tin, Yuen Long. With the aim of growing healthy crops, the public can enjoy high-quality and safe food at a low price, and hope that when purchasing locally grown fruits, the public can understand the importance of reducing carbon emissions on the environment, so as to achieve the goal of human beings and the greater world. Natural complementarity and harmonious coexistence. And in the future, we will grow more different healthy fruits and vegetables to provide customers with choices.
🌱 Supplier Products：
🛍 Product Information：
Binomial Name：Benincasa hispida (Thunb.) Cogn. var. chieh-qua How.
Other Names：Hairy Gourd
Product Description：Fresh fuzzy melon has a clear layer of fine hair on its skin, that is why it is also named hairy melon.
Unlike other types of melon, seeds of them do not need to be scooped out (unless you prepare to stuff the melon) . The central pith with seeds are sweet and crunchy particularly when the melon is young.
The taste is sweet and light, and the nature is flat. It has the functions of clearing away heat, promoting body fluid and expelling summer heat, strengthening the spleen, and benefiting the large intestine. Fresh fuzzy melon contains carbohydrates, protein, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin C, choline, minerals such as phosphorus, calcium, iron and dietary fiber.
Fresh fuzzy melon is a variety of wax gourd, mainly distributed in Guangzhou and Nanhai in Guangdong Province, and also cultivated in Guangxi and Taiwan. It is also cultivated in places where overseas Chinese live in the Americas.
Variety：Also a cultivar of winter gourd, Fresh fuzzy melon is densely bristly and 15 to 25 cm long.
Supply Season：The main production period is from May to October of the following year.
Storage Method：Store in a cool and ventilated place for 1 to 2 weeks.
Once heard that fuzzy melon is rarely found outside the Asian markets. If you do get it, try to consume it fresh and avoid storing it. The longer it is stored, the more its pleasant flavour will be lost.
#Should Be / Avoided：
Suitable: Chinese medicine believes that Fresh fuzzy melon is more "righteous". It is suitable for people with edema and fullness, beriberi, phlegm and asthma, heat and depression.
Bogey: Fresh fuzzy melon has a mild nature and flavor, and there is nothing to avoid.
Pregnant women can eat Fresh fuzzy melon
Five Flavors in TCM: sweet
Efficacy: diuretic and heat-clearing, promoting body fluid and dispelling heat, invigorating the spleen, benefiting the large and small intestine
Fresh fuzzy melon is rich in nutrients and contains carbohydrates, protein, vitamin A, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin C, riboflavin, fructose, carotene, and minerals such as phosphorus, calcium, and iron. Fresh fuzzy melon has the functions of clearing heat, clearing heat, detoxifying, diuretic, and reducing swelling. Mothers-to-be often eat it during pregnancy, which is beneficial to eliminate edema and balance nutrition.
Appropriate: No literature report. Taboo: No literature report.
Cooking Skills：The edible part is the fruit. Before cooking, rub off the skin of the fuzzy melon with a small knive lengthway, its hairy skin is too thin to be removed by a peeler. Then cut it into slices or cubes. Because of its mild flavour, the melon is usually stir fried with meat, shrimps, ginger and shallots.
Notes：Fresh fuzzy melon is also called hairy gourd, because its surface is covered with fluff, the improved varieties currently on the market have reduced and shorter fluff.
Dried scallops with preserved melons and vermicelli with scallops.
Fuzzy Melon in Dried Shrimp and Bean Threads
🥗 Product Category (English)： Hairy Gourd
Google Recipe 🔍 :
English CookPad 🍳 :
BBC Good Food 🥙 :
☘️ Preserve vegetables
1. Leafy vegetables and softer vegetables, if packaged, should be placed in the cold box in the original package;
2. Organic Vegetables are more prone to spoilage if they have water droplets. Put the vegetables in a ventilated place to dry or wipe off the water vapor, then wrap the vegetables in slightly damp newspaper and put them in a plastic bag before refrigerating. ;
3. Organic vegetables do not use preservatives or special treatments. Vegetables are generally stored for three to five days. Some vegetables will decompose enzymes, so they should be eaten as soon as possible.
☘️ How to wash vegetables
Special attention: The dishes, especially small flowers and broccoli, are best soaked in the water to remove residual pesticides (this is organic farm, but will have, but not chemical, except to Re-generative Farm). It is recommended to use our vegetables and vegetables environmentally friendly cleaner Dish Drops
for 3 to 5 minutes to eliminate residuals, sand and dust.
1. Wash vegetables before cooking to keep them fresh;
2. It is not advisable to soak the vegetables for too long, and they should be washed first and then cut to avoid the loss of vitamins;
3. Washing vegetables with dilute salt water or Dish Drop can easily remove vegetable insects;
4. Cut vegetables with a stainless steel knife to reduce vitamin loss;
5. Vegetable leaves contain a lot of nutrients, so you should avoid shredding, chopping or grinding the leaves;
6. Immediately after cutting, to avoid the loss of vitamins due to air oxidation.