HK Organic Fruit and Vegetable Farm
🚚 The Fastest Delivery Time : 2-day delivery. For wholesale buyers, pre-order for next week has to be done before Sunday PM and weekly delivery is on Tuesday.
🐝 Supplier / Place Of Origin：HK Organic Fruit and Vegetable Farm / Ping Che, North District
🔖 Certification： OFDC IFOAM Certification OF-3106-852-2055
🌱 Producer Introduction：
Born in a family of agriculture, I have followed my elders in farming since I was young, and I went out to earn a living to middle-aged. At that time, I discovered that a lot of pesticides on foreign crops were discovered. In view of this, I established my "Hong Kong Organic Fruits and Vegetables Farm" in 2006.
To be listed as "organic" is the industry of conscience. We have promised organic regulations for more than 13 years. The crops we produce make my family, friends and customers who buy my crops feel trust.
Now the farm has 18 acres of land, and organically grown crops are selected as the characteristics of the farm. Examples include: strawberry, Taiwan candied date, pineapple, fig, dragon fruit, passion fruit, guava, potato, purple yam, variegated carrot, Variegated cherry tomato, rice, corn, mushroom organic products and organic seasonal fruits and vegetables, etc.
🌱 Supplier Products：
🛍 Product Information (Main) (English)：
Binomial Name：Amaranthus mangostanus L.
Other Name：Green Amaranth | Chinese Amaranth
Product Description：Sweet, cool in nature. It has the effects of clearing heat and improving eyesight, relieving dysentery, detoxification, cooling blood, removing dampness, facilitating bowel movements, astringent and antidiarrheal. Amaranth is rich in calcium, which helps to strengthen bone structure and prevent osteoporosis. In addition, amaranth is also rich in iron, carotene, B vitamins and vitamin C.
Native to India. China has been cultivated as a vegetable since ancient times. It is now cultivated all over the country.
Variety：The plant morphology of amaranth can be divided into three types: erect type, semi-creeping type and creeping type. Branched from the stem, the surface is cylindrical and smooth, the stem is light green, green, light red to dark red, and the petiole is very short. There are various leaf shapes, including round, oval and pointed leaves.
Amaranth varieties are also divided into white amaranth and green amaranth: the leaves of white amaranth are yellow-green; the leaves of green amaranth are greener. The same genus of this variety is Amaranth (A. virids)
L.), contains roughly the same nutrients, and can also be eaten as vegetables.
Supply Season：The main production period is from April to October each year.
Storage Method：It should be eaten as soon as possible after purchase, or it can be sealed with plastic wrap and placed in the refrigerator. The shelf life is about 2 to 3 days.
#Should Be / Avoided：
Appropriate: Suitable for people with dysentery, constipation, anemia, chickenpox, whooping cough, and sore.
1. People with weak spleen and stomach, those with frequent diarrhea should eat less; due to the high potassium content of amaranth, those with poor kidney function and uremia should eat less.
2, amaranth is not conducive to pregnant women, must pay attention.
Appropriate: 1. Amaranth and pork lean meat: used in soup to clear heat and diuresis, detoxify and clear rash, nourish qi and nourish the stomach. 2. Amaranth and japonica rice: boiled into porridge can clear heat and relieve dysentery. 3. Amaranth and shrimp: Eating together can supplement calcium, which is especially suitable for children to eat, and can promote growth. 4. Amaranth and garlic: Eating together can bring appetizer, spleen, and digestion. Taboo: Amaranth and turtle meat: both are cold in nature, difficult to digest when eaten together, and easy to form gastrointestinal stagnation.
Cooking Skills：Edible parts are young stems and young leaves. Cut off the roots, soak them in clean water for about 45 minutes, open the leaves and wash them with running water.
Notes：Some customers do not like the taste and texture of amaranth.
Another wild vegetable of Chenopodiaceae, also known as wild amaranth (Acroglochin persicarioides Moq.).
Dish：Amaranth with fish paste, gold and silver eggs soaked in amaranth, stir-fried amaranth with minced garlic, and fresh shrimp and amaranth dumplings.
Supply Period： The Main Production Period Is From April To October Each Year.
Suggested Eating Method：
The edible part is tender stems and tender leaves. Remove the roots, soak in water for about 45 minutes, and open the leaves and wash them with flowing water.
🥗 Recipes (English Veersion)：
Google Recipe 🔍 :
English CookPad 🍳 :
BBC Good Food 🥙 :
🔅Note (English Version)：
☘️ Preserve vegetables
1. Leafy vegetables and softer vegetables, if packaged, should be placed in the cold box in the original package;
2. Organic Vegetables are more prone to spoilage if they have water droplets. Put the vegetables in a ventilated place to dry or wipe off the water vapor, then wrap the vegetables in slightly damp newspaper and put them in a plastic bag before refrigerating. ;
3. Organic vegetables do not use preservatives or special treatments. Vegetables are generally stored for three to five days. Some vegetables will decompose enzymes, so they should be eaten as soon as possible.
☘️ How to wash vegetables
1. Wash vegetables before cooking to keep them fresh;
2. It is not advisable to soak the vegetables for too long, and they should be washed first and then cut to avoid the loss of vitamins;
3. Washing vegetables with dilute salt water or Dish Drop can easily remove vegetable insects;
4. Cut vegetables with a stainless steel knife to reduce vitamin loss;
5. Vegetable leaves contain a lot of nutrients, so you should avoid shredding, chopping or grinding the leaves;
6. Immediately after cutting, to avoid the loss of vitamins due to air oxidation.