Thailand Organic Series
🚚 The Fastest Delivery Time : It takes 2-7 days.
🐝 Supplier / Place Of Origin：Thailand Organic Series / Mae Chaem, Thailand
🔖 Certification： The Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives Organic Certification TAS9000,
Thailand Organic Agriculture Certification (ACT) [pending confirmation]
🌱 Producer Introduction：
The local producer of over 50 kinds of organically grown premium products which is certified by Thai's government.
These fruits are grown in an area of 100 rais and include a large variety of products. Some fruits are organic certified, some grown organically and others grown with conventional means. Fruits are seasonal and therefore not available throughout the year with the exception of citrus, bananas and papaya which have a longer seasonality.
🌱 Supplier Products：
🛍 Product Information (Main) (English)：
Binomial Name：Durio zibethinus Murr.
Chinese Name：榴槤 | 榴槤
Product Description：It is the fruit of the kapok plant durian. Sweet and hot. It has the effects of warming and nourishing, aphrodisiac to help fire, and the effect of warming meridians and promoting qi. The sugar content of durian is very high, which can provide heat for the human body and supplement physical strength, but it is not advisable to eat too much to avoid weight gain. Its cellulose content is also a lot, which can promote intestinal peristalsis and prevent constipation.
Native to Malaysia, it is distributed in the Philippines, Indonesia, Myanmar and Sri Lanka. There are introduced and cultivated species in China, which are distributed in Guangdong, Guangxi, Hainan, Taiwan and other places.
However, the strong smell often makes many people stay away. In fact, durian has a milky smell, which is a bit different from its smell.
Variety：There are many kinds of durians, and the most imported ones from Taiwan are Monthong, Chanee and Kanron.
(1) The Golden Pillow (Monthong) is the earliest introduced variety. It is large and oval in shape.
Packed with flesh, the flesh has many small seeds, and the taste is light.
(2) The appearance of Chanee is similar to that of the golden pillow, except that the head is slightly smaller, the shape is more symmetrical, the color is greener, the tail cone is concave, the flesh is dark yellow, the flesh is small, the seeds are large, and the fragrance is strong.
(3) Kanron is a kind of earlier production period, with round and even appearance, fine thorns on the fruit belt, smaller grain head than Qingni, and the pulp is also less fleshy and larger than the seeds.
Supply Season：Available in Hong Kong all year round, the most suitable period is from May to August. Every year from April to June is the best time for golden pillows.
Storage Method：It can be stored at room temperature and should be eaten as soon as possible.
#Should Be / Avoided：
Appropriate: People with deficiency cold, postpartum sweating due to debility, and women with cold dysmenorrhea may wish to take an appropriate amount as a tonic.
Bogey: People with yin deficiency and liver heat, patients with skin diseases, diabetes, kidney disease, high blood pressure, and heart disease should eat with caution.
Pregnant women should avoid eating durian
Four gas heat
Five Flavors in TCM: Spicy, Sweet
Efficacy Strengthening the spleen and replenishing qi, nourishing the kidney and strengthening yang, promoting blood circulation and dispelling cold
Although durian has many benefits, due to the special constitution of pregnant women, it is recommended not to eat durian during pregnancy, because durian has the effect of promoting blood circulation and repelling cold. If pregnant women eat too much, it is easy to cause miscarriage, so pregnant women should exercise some restraint Touch your own mouth.
Pregnant women eating durian can easily cause fetal fever symptoms, because durian is a warm fruit and eating too much can easily lead to getting angry and insomnia. If pregnant women eat too much durian, it is easy to aggravate the symptoms of constipation in pregnant women. The digestive function of the stomach of pregnant women is not very good during pregnancy. Excessive fiber will increase the burden on the stomach of pregnant women and cause constipation.
In addition, the sugar content in durian is very high. If pregnant women eat durian, it is easy to cause the onset of diabetes in pregnant women. Especially obese pregnant women should not eat more durian to avoid aggravating the condition.
If you really like to eat, a small petal a day is appropriate. Pregnant women with body heat should not eat it.
Pregnant women should not eat mangosteen together, because durian and mangosteen contain too much cellulose. If both fruits are eaten together, it will increase the burden on the stomach of pregnant women and cause constipation.
Availability: Not reported in the literature. 1. It is not suitable to drink alcohol after eating durian, so as not to cause gastrointestinal discomfort.
Cooking Skills：The fruit is oval in shape, with thick exocarp and dense thick spikes, yellow when ripe, and the peel is cracked. The pulp is soft but sticky with a special aroma. The seeds are chestnut-shaped and light brown. The fruit can be eaten raw or processed into a series of foods, such as durian cake, durian candy, durian ice cream, etc. Or canned. In addition, the seeds can also be roasted.
Notes：Avoid eating too much, because it may cause hot phlegm, dyspnea, flushing, and bloating. At this time, you should eat mangosteen immediately to dissolve it, because mangosteen is a very cold thing, which can restrain the heat of durian. To open a durian, simply use a knife or sharp object to peel from the bottom of the fruit and cut it along the hilly stripes.
Dish：The unripe fruit can be used in dishes such as fried durian.
Suggested Eating Method：
The fruits are ovate, the outer fruit is thick and dense and thick, and it is yellow when mature, and the peel cracks. The flesh is soft but sticky, rich in special fragrance. The shape of the seeds is like chestnut and light brown. Fruit can be eaten raw, and can also be processed into a series of foods, such as durian cake, durian sugar, durian ice cream, etc. In addition, seeds can also be baked.
🥗 Recipe (English Version)：
Google Recipe 🔍 :
English CookPad 🍳 :
BBC Good Food 🥙 :
🔅Precautions (English Version)：
🍎 Preserve fruits
1. Fruits especially with softer skin, if packaged, should be placed in the cold box in the original package;
2. Organic fruits are more prone to spoilage if they have water droplets. Put the fruits in a ventilated place to dry or wipe off the water vapor, then wrap the fruits in slightly damp newspaper and put them in a plastic bag before refrigerating. ;
3. Organic fruits do not use preservatives or special treatments. fruits are generally stored for three to five days in room temperature only, should be kept in fridge. Some fruits e.g. papaya will decompose enzymes, so they should be eaten as soon as possible.
🍏 How to wash fruits
Special attention: The dishes, especially small flowers and broccoli, are best soaked in the water to remove residual pesticides (this is organic farm, but will have, but not chemical). It is recommended to use our vegetables and vegetables environmentally friendly cleaner Dish Drops
for 3 to 5 minutes to eliminate residuals Sand and organic pesticide.
1. Wash fruits before eating to keep them fresh;
2. It is not advisable to soak the fruits for too long, and they should be washed first and then cut to avoid the loss of vitamins;
3. Washing fruits with dilute salt water or Dish Drop can easily remove vegetable insects;
4. Cut fruits with a stainless steel knife to reduce vitamin loss;
5. Vegetable leaves contain a lot of nutrients, so you should avoid shredding, chopping or grinding the leaves;
6. Immediately eat after cutting, to avoid the loss of vitamins due to air oxidation.