Eva Sun Fung Farm
🚚 The Fastest Delivery Time : Every Tuesday.
🐝 Supplier / Place Of Origin：Eva Sun Fung Farm / Fanling
🔖 Certification： Local Regenerative Agricultural Approved Farm
🌱 Producer Introduction：
EVA's crops are planted with compost methods, the taste is more fragrant, the crop tastes and nutrition is more abundant. Vegetables have better fiber, can promote gastrointestinal motility, help eliminate garbage and toxins in the body, and reduce cholesterol.
Regenerate farming method, use enzymes and organic compost to allow vegetables to absorb soil minerals. The advantages of emphasizing the high content of soil organic matter and regeneration agricultural laws are the use of compost planting. Regenerative agricultural law cannot be immediate, but in the long run, it can maintain soil health and produce better crops!
🌱 Supplier Products：
🛍 Product Information (Main) (English)：
Binomial Name：Vigna unguiculata (L) Walp. subsp. sesquipedalis (L) Verdc.
Other Names：Chinese Long Bean | Yard-long Bean | Asparagus Bean
Product Description：Carob is a kind of long-shaped pod in the Cowpea bean species of the butterfly flower family, and it is an annual winding herb. The nature is flat and the taste is sweet and salty. It has the functions of invigorating Qi, strengthening the stomach and kidney, harmonizing the five internal organs, adjusting the face and nourishing the body, producing the essence, quenching thirst, and detoxifying. In addition to high-quality protein that is easy to digest and absorb, beans also contain a moderate amount of carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals. Among them, vitamin B1 helps maintain normal digestive juice secretion, gastrointestinal motility, and inhibits the activity of cholinesterase to help digestion and increase appetite. And vitamin C can promote the synthesis of antibodies and improve the body's immune function.
Carob is one of the subspecies of cowpea. Cowpea mainly originates in northeastern Africa and India, followed by China.
Variety：Carob can be divided into three types: green pods, white pods and red pods according to the color of the tender pods: the tender pods of the green pod species are slender and dark green; the tender pods of the white pod species are fatter, light green or green-white; The pods are purple-red and stubby.
Supply Season：Hong Kong is available all year round.
Storage Method：Carob should be stored in a place with high humidity, otherwise the storage period will be shortened due to excessive water loss.
#Should Be / Avoided：
Appropriate: Patients with diabetes, kidney deficiency, frequent urination, nocturnal emission and some gynecological functional diseases should eat more. Contraindications: People with stagnant gas should eat less.
Availability: Not reported in the literature. Xiang Ke: No literature report.
Cooking Skills：Before frying the beans, you can put two cloves of garlic in the pot and fry together, the taste will be more fragrant. Beans can also be used as a cold salad. The method is to wash and blanch them first, then let them cool, and add vinegar, garlic, a small amount of sugar, oil and other seasonings. If you like sesame sauce, you can use cold water or vinegar to season the sesame sauce first. Then mix with beans.
Notes：Beans contain saponin, so they should not be eaten raw. If uncooked beans are eaten, the hemolysin in red blood cells will be destroyed, which will cause symptoms such as vomiting, abdominal pain and weakness of limbs. Therefore, it is necessary to cook or stir-fry the beans, or heat them with rapid fire for more than 10 minutes, and cook the beans until they change color, so as to ensure that the beans are fully cooked before eating.
Dish：Dried beans, fried beans with garlic, fried beans with green and red peppers, cold beans, bean sprouts, braised cowpeas.
🥗 Recipe (English Version)：
Google Recipe 🔍 :
English CookPad 🍳 :
BBC Good Food 🥙 :
🔅Precautions (English Version)：
☘️ Preserve vegetables
1. Leafy vegetables and softer vegetables, if packaged, should be placed in the cold box in the original package;
2. Organic Vegetables are more prone to spoilage if they have water droplets. Put the vegetables in a ventilated place to dry or wipe off the water vapor, then wrap the vegetables in slightly damp newspaper and put them in a plastic bag before refrigerating. ;
3. Organic vegetables do not use preservatives or special treatments. Vegetables are generally stored for three to five days. Some vegetables will decompose enzymes, so they should be eaten as soon as possible.
☘️ How to wash vegetables
1. Wash vegetables before cooking to keep them fresh;
2. It is not advisable to soak the vegetables for too long, and they should be washed first and then cut to avoid the loss of vitamins;
3. Washing vegetables with dilute salt water or Dish Drop can easily remove vegetable insects;
4. Cut vegetables with a stainless steel knife to reduce vitamin loss;
5. Vegetable leaves contain a lot of nutrients, so you should avoid shredding, chopping or grinding the leaves;
6. Immediately after cutting, to avoid the loss of vitamins due to air oxidation.