Eva Sun Fung Farm
🚚 The Fastest Delivery Time : Every Tuesday.
🐝 Supplier / Place Of Origin：Eva Sun Fung Farm / Fanling
🔖 Certification： Local Regenerative Agricultural Approved Farm
🌱 Producer Introduction：
EVA's crops are planted with compost methods, the taste is more fragrant, the crop tastes and nutrition is more abundant. Vegetables have better fiber, can promote gastrointestinal motility, help eliminate garbage and toxins in the body, and reduce cholesterol.
Regenerate farming method, use enzymes and organic compost to allow vegetables to absorb soil minerals. The advantages of emphasizing the high content of soil organic matter and regeneration agricultural laws are the use of compost planting. Regenerative agricultural law cannot be immediate, but in the long run, it can maintain soil health and produce better crops!
🌱 Supplier Products：
🛍 Product Information (Main) (English)：
Binomial Name：Sechium edule Swartz.
Chinese Name：合掌瓜 | 佛手瓜
Product Description：Sweet, slightly cold in nature. It has the effect of clearing heat and diuresis. Chayote is rich in vitamin B1, which helps increase appetite and maintain the normal functioning of the nervous system; at the same time, it contains a lot of vitamin C, which can strengthen the body's immune function. It also contains a lot of cellulose, which not only provides a sense of satiety, but also helps to stabilize blood sugar and blood lipid levels.
Native to Mexico in Central America. It was introduced to the United States in the 18th century and later to Europe. In the early 19th century, it was introduced to China, Japan and Southeast Asian countries. It is now cultivated in South China and Southwest China.
Variety：Chayote is a kind of Cucurbitaceae, which belongs to the pear-shaped plant, with five longitudinal grooves, like the palms of the hands or the fingers together, hence the name Chayote or the palms.
Supply Season：The main production period is from November to January of the next year, and from April to June every year.
Storage Method：The fruit is shelf-stable.
#Should Be / Avoided：
Appropriate: General people can eat.
Taboo: It can be eaten by ordinary people.
Appropriate: No literature report. Taboo: No literature report.
Cooking Skills：The edible part is melon fruit. After a little rinsing with water, the outer skin is removed, and it can be cooked and eaten. If it is used for soup, it is not necessary to remove the outer skin.
Notes：The green dragon-shaped tendrils that are commonly eaten in Taiwan, that is, the young stems of chayote.
Chayote can be eaten raw as a fruit. It tastes similar to cucumber, slightly sweet and refreshing. It can also be pickled or eaten as a sauce.
Dish：Chayote squid, salad with chayote, fried pork with chayote, pork bone soup with chayote.
🥗 Recipe (English Version)：
Google Recipe 🔍 :
English CookPad 🍳 :
BBC Good Food 🥙 :
🔅Precautions (English Version)：
☘️ Preserve vegetables
1. Leafy vegetables and softer vegetables, if packaged, should be placed in the cold box in the original package;
2. Organic Vegetables are more prone to spoilage if they have water droplets. Put the vegetables in a ventilated place to dry or wipe off the water vapor, then wrap the vegetables in slightly damp newspaper and put them in a plastic bag before refrigerating. ;
3. Organic vegetables do not use preservatives or special treatments. Vegetables are generally stored for three to five days. Some vegetables will decompose enzymes, so they should be eaten as soon as possible.
☘️ How to wash vegetables
1. Wash vegetables before cooking to keep them fresh;
2. It is not advisable to soak the vegetables for too long, and they should be washed first and then cut to avoid the loss of vitamins;
3. Washing vegetables with dilute salt water or Dish Drop can easily remove vegetable insects;
4. Cut vegetables with a stainless steel knife to reduce vitamin loss;
5. Vegetable leaves contain a lot of nutrients, so you should avoid shredding, chopping or grinding the leaves;
6. Immediately after cutting, to avoid the loss of vitamins due to air oxidation.