HK Organic Fruit and Vegetable Farm
🚚 The Fastest Delivery Time : 2-day delivery. For wholesale buyers, pre-order for next week has to be done before Sunday PM and weekly delivery is on Tuesday.
🐝 Supplier / Place Of Origin：HK Organic Fruit and Vegetable Farm / Ping Che, North District
🔖 Certification： OFDC IFOAM Certification OF-3106-852-2055
🌱 Producer Introduction：
Born in a family of agriculture, I have followed my elders in farming since I was young, and I went out to earn a living to middle-aged. At that time, I discovered that a lot of pesticides on foreign crops were discovered. In view of this, I established my "Hong Kong Organic Fruits and Vegetables Farm" in 2006.
To be listed as "organic" is the industry of conscience. We have promised organic regulations for more than 13 years. The crops we produce make my family, friends and customers who buy my crops feel trust.
Now the farm has 18 acres of land, and organically grown crops are selected as the characteristics of the farm. Examples include: strawberry, Taiwan candied date, pineapple, fig, dragon fruit, passion fruit, guava, potato, purple yam, variegated carrot, Variegated cherry tomato, rice, corn, mushroom organic products and organic seasonal fruits and vegetables, etc.
🌱 Supplier Products：
🛍 Product Information (Main) (English)：
Binomial Name：Ocimum basilicum L.
Product Description：The used parts of basil are the leaves, flowers, stems, roots, fruits and seeds. Whole herb of Lamiaceae basil. Fragrance is strong, spicy, slightly bitter, slightly warm in nature. It can cure colds, headaches, fever due to summer heat, coughs, toothaches, bad breath, and injuries.
Native to Southeast Asia, and later spread to Africa and other places
Variety：According to the color of plant leaves and flowers, two common varieties are: (1) Sweet basil: also known as subtropical basil, it has bright green smooth large leaves and small white flowers.
(2) Purple-leaf basil: Also known as opal basil, it has purple to almost black leaves and pink flowers. Other varieties are lemon basil, fennel basil, etc.
Supply Season：The leaves are lush in autumn, and they will be collected and dried after flowering. The flowering period is July to September, and the fruiting period is from August to October.
Storage Method：Store in a dry container, tightly closed, in a cool, dry place. Leftover basil can be stored in the refrigerator or marinated in olive oil. Wrap it in a wet kitchen towel and plastic bag and store it in the refrigerator for two to three days. If it is stored in the freezer, it can be stored for three months.
#Should Be / Avoided：
Appropriate: suitable for general consumption. Taboo: not suitable for consumption, it will cause asthma. Pregnant women and infants should not use.
Availability: Not reported in the literature. Xiang Ke: No literature report.
Cooking Skills：Basil is often found in Italian dishes and is great with tomatoes, in dishes, in soups, or in sauces. Suitable food types include eggplant, beans, eggs, lemons, potatoes and tomatoes. Good herbs to pair with are coriander, garlic, mint and thyme. Eating it with all kinds of vegetables, it tastes spicy and can remove fishy smell.
Notes：Basil is known as the "King of Herbs in Summer". The insect repellent effect of basil can be grown as an insect repellant plant. Basil wine vinegar is made by picking fresh branches and leaves and soaking them in red wine vinegar for about a month.
Dish：Basil pasta, basil paella, basil clams and more.
Supply Period： The Leaves Are Lush In Autumn, And They Will Be Collected And Dried After Flowering. The Flowering Period Is July To September, And The Fruiting Period Is From August To October.
Suggested Eating Method：
Laler often appears in Italian cuisine, which is very suitable for tomatoes, cooking, boiled soup or sauce. The types of foods suitable for matching are eggplant, beans, eggs, lemon, potato and tomato. The types of vanilla suitable for matching include hulu, garlic, mint and Baili incense. Eat with all kinds of dishes, taste spoil, and can make sense of smell.
🥗 Recipes (English Veersion)：
Google Recipe 🔍 :
English CookPad 🍳 :
BBC Good Food 🥙 :
🔅Note (English Version)：
☘️ Preserve vegetables
1. Leafy vegetables and softer vegetables, if packaged, should be placed in the cold box in the original package;
2. Organic Vegetables are more prone to spoilage if they have water droplets. Put the vegetables in a ventilated place to dry or wipe off the water vapor, then wrap the vegetables in slightly damp newspaper and put them in a plastic bag before refrigerating. ;
3. Organic vegetables do not use preservatives or special treatments. Vegetables are generally stored for three to five days. Some vegetables will decompose enzymes, so they should be eaten as soon as possible.
☘️ How to wash vegetables
1. Wash vegetables before cooking to keep them fresh;
2. It is not advisable to soak the vegetables for too long, and they should be washed first and then cut to avoid the loss of vitamins;
3. Washing vegetables with dilute salt water or Dish Drop can easily remove vegetable insects;
4. Cut vegetables with a stainless steel knife to reduce vitamin loss;
5. Vegetable leaves contain a lot of nutrients, so you should avoid shredding, chopping or grinding the leaves;
6. Immediately after cutting, to avoid the loss of vitamins due to air oxidation.