Thailand Organic Series
🚚 The Fastest Delivery Time : It takes 2-7 days.
🐝 Supplier / Place Of Origin：Thailand Organic Series / Mae Chaem, Thailand
🔖 Certification： The Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives Organic Certification TAS9000,
Thailand Organic Agriculture Certification (ACT) [pending confirmation]
🌱 Producer Introduction：
The local producer of over 50 kinds of organically grown premium products which is certified by Thai's government.
These fruits are grown in an area of 100 rais and include a large variety of products. Some fruits are organic certified, some grown organically and others grown with conventional means. Fruits are seasonal and therefore not available throughout the year with the exception of citrus, bananas and papaya which have a longer seasonality.
🌱 Supplier Products：
🛍 Product Information (Main) (English)：
Chinese Name：珍珠筍 | 粟米芯
Other Names：Pearl Shoots
Product Description：Corn shoots, also known as small corn, pearl shoots, and corn, are the young and tender ears of corn before silking for pollination. Because of their slender shape and thick top and bottom, they are similar to bamboo shoots, so they are called corn shoots. Generally, the corn in the baby corn and the soft corn stalks are eaten together. When corn is mature, the stalks are too hard for human consumption. Baby corn can be eaten raw or cooked. Baby corn is commonly found in Asian cuisine and is called candle corn in Thai cookbooks.
Cornstarch is tender and has a sweet taste. It can be eaten raw, as a salad, stir-fried meat slices, or as a hot pot ingredient. It has high nutritional value: it is one of the very few vegetables without pesticide residues, no pests and diseases, and its nutritional value is comparable to that of vegetables. Many other high-priced vegetables are comparable.
Supply Season：Hong Kong is available all year round.
Storage Method：It should be eaten as soon as possible after purchase, or it can also be sealed with plastic wrap and stored in the refrigerator. The shelf life is about 2 to 4 days.
#Should Be / Avoided：
Gout patients should be especially careful, because corn shoots have a high purine content, so it is not advisable to take too much, and corn shoots have a diuretic effect, and patients with urinary incontinence should not eat too much, so as not to eat too much and hurt the body.
Cooking Skills：Because sprouts are tender and crispy, and taste sweet and fragrant, in addition to being used as a white base, they are mostly used for seasoning, such as ao soup to enhance the flavor, and to make noodles and meat stuffing. Put some sprouts in the roasted meat and fried shredded pork, which can increase the umami.
Notes：The calories are one-third of that of ordinary sweet corn, and the fat is only one-eighth. It is an indispensable partner for weight loss. It has many health benefits and is worthy of reference for people who love health and lose weight.
Dish：Stir-fried dried tofu with sprouts, fried rice with mushrooms and eggs with sprouts, bean sprouts with stings, lean pork buns with sprouts, scrambled eggs with sprouts, fried sprouts with kimchi, etc.
Suggested Eating Method：
Due to the tenderness and sweetness of pearl bamboo shoots, it is mostly used for seasoning, such as Ao Tang's flavor, and make noodle stuffing. Putting some pearl bamboo shoots in roast meat and fried meat can increase umami.
🥗 Recipe (English Version)：
Google Recipe 🔍 :
English CookPad 🍳 :
BBC Good Food 🥙 :
🔅Precautions (English Version)：
☘️ Preserve vegetables
1. Leafy vegetables and softer vegetables, if packaged, should be placed in the cold box in the original package;
2. Organic Vegetables are more prone to spoilage if they have water droplets. Put the vegetables in a ventilated place to dry or wipe off the water vapor, then wrap the vegetables in slightly damp newspaper and put them in a plastic bag before refrigerating. ;
3. Organic vegetables do not use preservatives or special treatments. Vegetables are generally stored for three to five days. Some vegetables will decompose enzymes, so they should be eaten as soon as possible.
☘️ How to wash vegetables
Special attention: The dishes, especially small flowers and broccoli, are best soaked in the water to remove residual pesticides (I will have organic farms). It is recommended to use our vegetables and vegetables environmentally friendly cleaner Dish Drops
for 3 to 5 minutes to eliminate residuals, sand and dust.
1. Wash vegetables before cooking to keep them fresh;
2. It is not advisable to soak the vegetables for too long, and they should be washed first and then cut to avoid the loss of vitamins;
3. Washing vegetables with dilute salt water or Dish Drop can easily remove vegetable insects;
4. Cut vegetables with a stainless steel knife to reduce vitamin loss;
5. Vegetable leaves contain a lot of nutrients, so you should avoid shredding, chopping or grinding the leaves;
6. Immediately after cutting, to avoid the loss of vitamins due to air oxidation.