Zen Organic Farm
🚚 The Fastest Delivery Time : Every Tuesday.
🐝 Supplier / Place Of Origin：Zen Organic Farm / Fanling
🔖 Certification： Hong Kong Organic Resource Center Organic Certification Number C09001
🌱 Producer Introduction：
Hong Kong has large and small organic farms that use hundreds of expenses. It is one of the large -scale. It covers an area of 200,000 feet. It was formerly a animal pasture. It has the largest greenhouse in Hong Kong. Essence
We are missionary to plant healthy and delicious organic fruits and vegetables, and constantly discover and introduce overseas vegetables suitable for farming in Hong Kong, such as European tomatoes to supply more diverse local crops, and bring more friends who support organic low -carbon life. s Choice. It is very pleased that our efforts have been recognized in this area. The farm customers include internationally renowned Hong Kong hotels, Michelian restaurants and chefs and organic food stores.
🌱 Supplier Products：
🛍 Product Information (Main) (English)：
Binomial Name：Amaranthus mangostanus L.
Other Names：Green Amaranth | Chinese Amaranth
Product Description：Sweet, cool in nature. It has the effects of clearing heat and improving eyesight, relieving dysentery, detoxification, cooling blood, removing dampness, facilitating bowel movements, astringent and antidiarrheal. Amaranth is rich in calcium, which helps to strengthen bone structure and prevent osteoporosis. In addition, amaranth is also rich in iron, carotene, B vitamins and vitamin C.
Native to India. China has been cultivated as a vegetable since ancient times. It is now cultivated all over the country.
Variety：The plant morphology of amaranth can be divided into three types: erect type, semi-creeping type and creeping type. Branched from the stem, the surface is cylindrical and smooth, the stem is light green, green, light red to dark red, and the petiole is very short. There are various leaf shapes, including round, oval and pointed leaves.
Amaranth varieties are also divided into white amaranth and green amaranth: the leaves of white amaranth are yellow-green; the leaves of green amaranth are greener. The same genus of this variety is Amaranth (A. virids)
L.), contains roughly the same nutrients, and can also be eaten as vegetables.
Supply Season：The main production period is from April to October each year.
Storage Method：It should be eaten as soon as possible after purchase, or it can be sealed with plastic wrap and placed in the refrigerator. The shelf life is about 2 to 3 days.
#Should Be / Avoided：
Appropriate: Suitable for people with dysentery, constipation, anemia, chickenpox, whooping cough, and sore.
1. People with weak spleen and stomach, those with frequent diarrhea should eat less; due to the high potassium content of amaranth, those with poor kidney function and uremia should eat less.
2, amaranth is not conducive to pregnant women, must pay attention.
Appropriate: 1. Amaranth and pork lean meat: used in soup to clear heat and diuresis, detoxify and clear rash, nourish qi and nourish the stomach. 2. Amaranth and japonica rice: boiled into porridge can clear heat and relieve dysentery. 3. Amaranth and shrimp: Eating together can supplement calcium, which is especially suitable for children to eat, and can promote growth. 4. Amaranth and garlic: Eating together can bring appetizer, spleen, and digestion. Taboo: Amaranth and turtle meat: both are cold in nature, difficult to digest when eaten together, and easy to form gastrointestinal stagnation.
Cooking Skills：Edible parts are young stems and young leaves. Cut off the roots, soak them in clean water for about 45 minutes, open the leaves and wash them with running water.
Notes：Some customers do not like the taste and texture of amaranth.
Another wild vegetable of Chenopodiaceae, also known as wild amaranth (Acroglochin persicarioides Moq.).
Dish：Amaranth with fish paste, gold and silver eggs soaked in amaranth, stir-fried amaranth with minced garlic, and fresh shrimp and amaranth dumplings.
Supply Period： The Main Production Period Is From April To October Each Year.
Suggested Eating Method：
The edible part is tender stems and tender leaves. Remove the roots, soak in water for about 45 minutes, and open the leaves and wash them with flowing water.
🥗 Recipe (English Version)：
Google Recipe 🔍 :
English CookPad 🍳 :
BBC Good Food 🥙 :
🔅Precautions (English Version)：
☘️ Preserve vegetables
1. Leafy vegetables and softer vegetables, if packaged, should be placed in the cold box in the original package;
2. Organic Vegetables are more prone to spoilage if they have water droplets. Put the vegetables in a ventilated place to dry or wipe off the water vapor, then wrap the vegetables in slightly damp newspaper and put them in a plastic bag before refrigerating. ;
3. Organic vegetables do not use preservatives or special treatments. Vegetables are generally stored for three to five days. Some vegetables will decompose enzymes, so they should be eaten as soon as possible.
☘️ How to wash vegetables
1. Wash vegetables before cooking to keep them fresh;
2. It is not advisable to soak the vegetables for too long, and they should be washed first and then cut to avoid the loss of vitamins;
3. Washing vegetables with dilute salt water or Dish Drop can easily remove vegetable insects;
4. Cut vegetables with a stainless steel knife to reduce vitamin loss;
5. Vegetable leaves contain a lot of nutrients, so you should avoid shredding, chopping or grinding the leaves;
6. Immediately after cutting, to avoid the loss of vitamins due to air oxidation.