🚚 The Fastest Delivery Time : Air Transport Once A Week. Drive Every Saturday.
🐝 Supplier / Place Of Origin：Lyfegreen / Taiwan
🌱 Producer Introduction：
Lyfetribe builds a health and wellness platform, Lyfegreen was founded as a joint collaboration between Lyfetribe and Fushan Grange, taiwan’s leading social enterprise for organic agriculture and sustainable producers.
Today, Lyfegreen supports and works with a network of more than 100 carefully curated organic farms and sustainable producers across taiwan, showcasing an array of over 200 varieties of fruits and veggies throughout the year.
Our mission: fresh, high-quality and diversified are the core of our work. In addition, we don't want to only sell fruits and vegetables. We want to help you discover a new healthy food concept and contribute to a more sustainable world.
There are also airline shipping every week to hong kong and ship directly after arriving at hong kong, so the fruits and vegetables are 100%fresh.
🌱 Supplier Products：
🛍 Product Information (Main) (English)：
Binomial Name：Pyrus nivalis
Other Names：Snow Pear
Product Description：Snow Pear contains a lot of fructose, which can be quickly absorbed by the body. Most of the fiber is on the peel. Eating together with the peel can get more complete fiber compounds.
Variety：Pears can be divided into two categories: "West Pear" and "Oriental Pear". There are more than 20 varieties common in daily life, including Yali, crisp pear, Spring pear, perfume pear, Jingbai pear, autumn white pear, Yaluang pear and so on.
Supply Season：The main production period is from November to April of the following year, and Hong Kong is available throughout the year.
#Should Be / Avoided：
Pregnant women can eat pears
Properties (TCM): cold
Five Flavors in TCM: Sweet, Slightly Sour
Efficacy Promote body fluid and quench thirst, moisten dryness and resolve phlegm
Pregnant women eat pears in the early stages of pregnancy, which can clear away heat and detoxify, lower blood pressure, and prevent pregnancy edema and pregnancy-induced hypertension, but one pear a day is enough. The carbohydrates and vitamins contained in pears are easier to be absorbed by the body, and it is rich in B vitamins, which can reduce fatigue, protect the heart, and enhance myocardial vitality. It also has the effects of calming the nerves, nourishing the heart and protecting the liver, anti-inflammatory and analgesic, and has the effect of preventing and treating lung infection and hepatitis. Eating stewed pears often can increase body fluid in the mouth, prevent dry mouth and lips, eliminate phlegm and relieve cough, and have a maintenance effect on the throat.
Pears have a diuretic effect, so people with frequent nocturia should eat less pears before going to bed. Pears contain more fruit acids, and those with a lot of stomach acid should not eat more. At the same time, they should not be used with alkaline drugs, such as aminophylline and baking soda. Pay attention to the risk of spraying pesticides when eating pears. They are not our organic fruits, and they can only be eaten after peeling.
Cooking Skills：It can be eaten raw, fermented wine, whole canned products, fruit juice, vinegar, pear tea, stewed pear, medicine, etc.
Store Nashi pears in the refrigerator. The fruit tastes best chilled. Do you often make juice with a slow juicer? Try using Nashi pears as your basis instead of apples or ordinary pears. Nashi pears contain a lot of juice, so they make a great basis for delicious juice drinks.
Notes：In terms of medicine, its fruit has the effects of promoting body fluid and moistening dryness, clearing away heat and reducing phlegm, and cleaning teeth.
Dish：Like apples, ripe pears are firm and can be eaten straight away. Eat a Nashi pear like an apple or pear: peel it (if you want to) and cut it into wedges.
In addition to being used for viewing, making fruit, fermented wine, whole canned products, fruit juice, vinegar, Sydney tea, stewed Sydney, the fruit can also be used as medicine.
Suggested Eating Method：
You can eat, fermented wine, tidy products, fruit juice, vinegar, Sydney tea, stewed Sydney, medicine, etc.
Cooked pears help the kidneys excrete uric acid and prevent gout, rheumatism and arthritis. It has the effects of moisturizing and wind, sober and detoxification.
🥗 Recipe (English Version)：
Google Recipe 🔍 :
English CookPad 🍳 :
BBC Good Food 🥙 :
🔅Precautions (English Version)：
🍎 Preserve fruits
1. Fruits especially with softer skin, if packaged, should be placed in the cold box in the original package;
2. Organic fruits are more prone to spoilage if they have water droplets. Put the fruits in a ventilated place to dry or wipe off the water vapor, then wrap the fruits in slightly damp newspaper and put them in a plastic bag before refrigerating. ;
3. Organic fruits do not use preservatives or special treatments. fruits are generally stored for three to five days in room temperature only, should be kept in fridge. Some fruits e.g. papaya will decompose enzymes, so they should be eaten as soon as possible.
🍏 How to wash fruits
1. Wash fruits before eating to keep them fresh;
2. It is not advisable to soak the fruits for too long, and they should be washed first and then cut to avoid the loss of vitamins;
3. Washing fruits with dilute salt water or Dish Drop can easily remove vegetable insects;
4. Cut fruits with a stainless steel knife to reduce vitamin loss;
5. Vegetable leaves contain a lot of nutrients, so you should avoid shredding, chopping or grinding the leaves;
6. Immediately eat after cutting, to avoid the loss of vitamins due to air oxidation.