- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon nonfat or low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 small clove garlic
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups of red leaf lettuce
- 2 cups of romaine
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes
- lettuce can be substitute to your choice
To prepare vinaigrette:
1. Puree cucumber, oil, vinegar, chives, parsley, yogurt, mustard, horseradish, sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a blender until smooth.
To prepare salad:
1. Season a wooden salad bowl by rubbing with garlic and pinch of salt.
2. Chop the garlic and add to the bowl along with all the lettuce.
3. Pour 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette over the greens; toss to coat. (Cover and refrigerate the remaining 1 cup vinaigrette for up to 3 days.)
4. Serve the salad garnished with radishes, scallions and cherry tomatoes.